Position: Lead Pastor
Job Type: Full Time
The Lead Pastor of Centerpointe Community Church will…
- Exhibit a clear testimony of Christian faith and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church.
- Support Centerpointe’s Basic Beliefs consistent with our Mission Statement and Vital Pursuits.
- Per our By-laws: Exemplify the biblical leadership qualities of ruling (1 Timothy 5:17), managing (1 Timothy 3:4-5), tending (1 Peter 5:2-5), giving account (Hebrews 13:17), living exemplary lives (Hebrews 13:7), using authority (Acts 20:28), teaching (Ephesians 4:11, 1 Timothy 3:2), preaching (1 Timothy 5:17), doctrinal instruction (Titus 1:9), and discipline (Matthew 18:15-17).
- Demonstrate a strong devotional life of worship, prayer, and Biblical study of God’s Word.
- Exhibit a relationship with God, resulting in a lifestyle of adherence to biblical principles of morality, ethics, and the fruit of the Spirit.
- As a shepherd, tend God’s flock with humility, compassion, wisdom, honesty, integrity, and unity.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, being able to relate to all age groups, maintaining confidences, and exhibiting the ability to share his ministry with Elders and Ministry Leaders, as part of the ministry team.
- Strong Biblical knowledge, fulfilling the biblical qualifications as noted in Centerpointe’s By-laws and those as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 fitting for an elder/bishop/overseer.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of biblical doctrine and practice.
- Possess the ability to preach the Word in accordance with Biblical principles, in a clear, relatable manner.
- Skilled and passionate about teaching God’s Word.
- Desire and ability to disciple and mentor disciples within the church.
- Competent in administrative, managerial, and technological skills.
- Aptitude to build a team to support church growth as needed.
- Adaptable to the Western NY Church culture, works well with other local Pastors.
- Discerning nature, able to effectively grasp and comprehend God’s Word.
- Primarily focused on developing Spiritual depth and growth of the congregation.
- Preach God’s Word at worship services and special events of the church.
- Create teaching opportunities through guiding the curriculum for Small groups, Youth teaching curriculum, Men’s & Women’s Ministries, etc.
- Shepherd/Oversee and encourage prayer within the flock, creating multiple opportunities for fellowship and fostering a relationship with God, above and beyond formal weekly services.
- Administer ceremonies, including baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Biblical Counseling - provide personal, pre-marital, marital, crisis and conflict resolution counseling.
- Work with Elders and Ministry Leaders to identify, develop, and organize ministry opportunities for outreach/missions, both locally and abroad, to build community.
- Provide, facilitate, and organize pastoral care for all within the church.
- Participate in personal, on-going education and training opportunities that will enhance his ministerial understanding and ability.
Desire Bachelor’s level education in Bible / Pastoral Studies/ Theology / Ministry
Biblical Counseling certification and or training preferred